Synapse Research Management partners is looking for experienced, talented, hard-working, committed, adaptable and creative professionals that want to grow and pursue a career with one of the top European project management companies in the biomedical sector. We are looking for people that can immediately be part of the company, be eager to learn and grow, can seamlessly perform a variety of tasks with consistent high-quality results under pressure, and have the ambition to become a world-class professional in the field.
- Management of large top research projects supporting the institutions involved in all management-related tasks: project design, follow-up and update of the work plan, project administration, set up and implementation of quality procedures, risk management, communication and dissemination strategies, exploitation and sustainability roadmap, coordination of organisation aspects related to the project (calling for meetings, minutes, etc.), and financial management including budget control.
- Writing of project proposals in answer to competitive calls to secure future projects and funding.
- Preparation and execution of other R+D projects mainly at international level. Tasks would range from the management and assessment of project proposal preparation to all managerial activities during the execution and closing of the project.
- Participation in the development and implementation of additional company services (consultancy services, training portfolio, etc.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree required. Life Sciences and/or Business Administration will be a plus.
- Specific training on Project Management will be valued.
- Prior experience: three to five years in a similar position. Experience working in the Life Sciences field will be highly valued.
- Experience in submitting project proposals and managing European Projects is required, specially H2020/IMI projects. Experience on managing other complex distributed projects (e.g. IMI, Gates Foundation, NIH) will be a plus.
- Prior experience working in the public research sector, pharmaceutical or biotech companies and/or with private-public partnerships will be a plus.
- Fluency in working with the Office package and especially with spreadsheets in relation with financial aspects.
- English and Spanish fluent. Other EU languages will be an added value.
- Availability for frequent traveling.
- Good communication skills, ability to work autonomously and in a dynamic environment, proactivity and enthusiasm, high organisation capacity, problem-solving and teamwork attitude, commitment and ownership. Able to deliver with high quality standards within tight timelines. Strong ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines within a results-oriented work environment.
- Full time position in a dynamic environment.
- Potential short term professional development.
- Salary to be negotiated according to profile.
- Immediate availability required.
SYNAPSE is a consultancy firm specialized in the high-quality management of complex research and development projects in the biomedical sector. Synapse creates value through synergies in collaborative innovative partnerships.
SYNAPSE´s main collaboration partners include both public and private organisations such as pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, research institutes, academia, hospitals, patient organisations, regulatory authorities and public health institutes. Our company goes beyond classical project management and brings in added value capabilities in team management, vision management, strategic thinking and project intelligence. SYNAPSE’s expertise extends to market knowledge, business planning and valorisation of research results.
SYNAPSE has a solid track record on research projects that are highly innovative (open innovation, public private partnerships), large (with several million Euros funding), distributed (built on the collaboration of several institutions) and internationally oriented (with broad expertise in projects funded by the European Commission (H2020) and the Innovative Medicines Initiative JU) being deeply involved in all steps of the process, from conceptualization to project execution and valorisation of results.
With corporate headquarters in Madrid and premises in Barcelona, SYNAPSE leverages the expertise of highly skilled, experienced project management professionals with a track record of over 20 years in international collaboration projects, with a vast experience in managing projects funded by the European Commission since the third Framework Programme (FP3). SYNAPSE has participated in different projects funded by ESPRIT, INCO, TAP, LIFE, IST, ICT, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT, NMP, H2020 and the Innovative IMI JU, among other programmes and funding schemes. The company acts as project manager, exploitation, IPR and sustainability leader or key player in many recent and ongoing projects.
SYNAPSE is a fast-growing company which is currently involved in IMI and H2020 funding programmes. Synapse’s team is energetic, international, motivated and committed to professional excellence.
You can find out more about the projects we are involved in here.