SYNAPSE supports the organization of the 1st European Conference on Translational Bioinformatics (ECTB 2016) that will happen at the University of Copenhagen on April 26-27 2016.
The conference, organized by the “Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research” at the University of Copenhagen and supported by the Horizon 2020 MedBioinformatics project, will address among others the following topics:
- Big biomedical data approaches converting health data to clinically relevant information
- Health data capture and curation
- Phenotypic data and metadata
- Precision medicine
- Data integration and analytics combining molecular biomarker data with clinical data
- Secure private cloud technology for person-sensitive data
- The future of sustainable healthcare models
- Ethics and data protection in the context of medical informatics
MedBioinformatics plans to support the organization of three conferences (one per year) during its life, happening in Copenhagen, London and Barcelona respectively, with the objective of consolidating the event (the first of its kind in Europe) beyond the project life as a reference framework for meeting, discussing and presenting advancements and challenges around the bioinformatics area in Europe.
The conference will bring together world-leading scientists in the area and aims to give the participants a unique experience and a forum for discussing fresh scientific results in the translational domain.
For more information about the conference and registration, please visit: http://www.translational.bi2016.eu/